Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
Pass Your Windows server administration fundamentals easily.
Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
Number of Questions
USD127 (Price varies according to country)
English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Mexico)
Microsoft Exam: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
The Windows Server Administration Fundamentals exam evaluates the knowledge of fundamental Windows Server administration concepts. The candidates should have practical experience with Active Directory, Account management, Windows Server, Windows-based networking, and system recovery tools and concepts. The core understanding of server roles and Active Directory is an essential part of Windows Server Administration Fundamentals. You will earn MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification after passing the 98-365 exam. MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification will help you to build your career in Microsoft Technologies.
Microsoft Windows Server Administration Fundamentals (98-365) Certification Exam
The Microsoft Windows Server Administration Fundamentals exam tests your knowledge of Windows Server administration. If you are planning to take the Windows Server Administration Fundamentals exam, you should have experience in the field of Active Directory, Account management, Windows Server, Windows-based networking, and system recovery tools and concepts. The exam is 45 minutes long. The minimum passing score is 700. The total weightage of the exam is 1000. The exam consists of 40-60 questions. The exam costs USD127 (Price varies according to the country). It is available in English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Mexico) languages.
Note: This MTA exam will be retired on June 30, 2022. Voucher sales for this MTA exam ended on June 30, 2021.
Who is Eligible for this Exam?
Individuals interested in and familiar with the ideas of Windows Server administration are eligible for this exam. They should have first-hand understanding and experience with Windows-based networking, Windows Server, Account Management, Active Directory, and system recovery tools and concepts.
What are the Requirements?
There are no prerequisites for the Windows Server Administration Fundamentals exam.
Benefits of the Certification
You will earn MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification after passing the 98-365 Windows Server Administration Fundamentals exam. Microsoft certification has various benefits. We have listed some vital benefits of the Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification.
You will get a digital badge after earning MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification. People can learn about your skills and verify the authenticity of the badge. Your professional network can easily view the Microsoft certification you earned. You can share your digital badge on popular sites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You will also know which employers are looking for people with your skills. You will be able to search for new career opportunities that are related to your Microsoft certification.
2. Better career prospects
You can get a better opportunity after earning the certification. Microsoft certification opens the gate for many opportunities. Your career path will escalate after earning this certification. You will have new skills and a better understanding of how things work in the industry. This makes you the best candidate for various related jobs in the market. Therefore, earning the certification will give you better career prospects.
Earning certification updates your knowledge and skills. You will be able to be more productive. 36.9 percent of IT professionals claimed that certification helped them perform complex tasks more confidently on the Pearson VUE report. This certification shows your willingness to learn and grow. The skills will make you valuable in the companies. Having qualities like learning and solving complex tasks easily differentiates you from the rest of the employees. So, people will recognize you for your skills.
Microsoft Certification focuses on industry-defined roles and skills. There is a huge gap between the requirement of the market and the skills of the candidate. Microsoft certifications remove the gap. It makes Microsoft Certification so valuable. It shows that you are excellent in the specific skills that are important in the industry. It shows that you can apply technical knowledge to solve real-world business challenges. It helps you update with the changes.
- Understand device drivers - Installation, removal, disabling, update/upgrade, rollback, troubleshooting, Plug & Play, IRQ, interrupts, driver signing, managing through Group Policy
- Understand services - Which statuses a service can be in, startup types, recovery options, delayed startup, Run As settings for a service, stopping or pausing a service, service accounts, dependencies
- Understand server installation options - Choose the correct operating system version options; Server core vs. Desktop
- Experience, Nano Server installation, interactive installs; automated install using WDS; VHD/VHDX installation source, perform unattended installs; perform upgrades, clean installs, and migrations
- Identify application servers - Mail servers, database servers, collaboration servers, monitoring servers, threat management
- Understand Web services - IIS, WWW, and FTP, installing from Server Manager, separate worker processes, adding components, sites, ports, SSL, certificates
- Understand remote access - Remote assistance, remote administration tools, Remote Desktop Services, multipoint services, licensing, RD Gateway, VPN, application virtualization, multiple ports
- Understand the file and print services - Local printers, network printers, printer pools, web printing, web management, driver deployment, file, folder, and share permissions vs. rights, auditing, print job management
- Understand server virtualization - Virtual memory, virtual networks, snapshots and saved states, physical to virtual conversions, virtual to physical conversions, VHD and VHDX formats, nested virtualization
- Understand accounts and groups - Domain accounts, local accounts, user profiles, computer accounts, group types, default groups, group scopes, group nesting, understand AGDLP and AGUDLP processes to help implement nesting
- Understand organizational units and containers - Purpose of OUs, the purpose of containers, delegation, default containers, uses for different container objects, default hidden and visible containers
- Understand Active Directory infrastructure - Domain controllers. forests, child domains, operation master roles, domain vs. workgroup, trust relationships, functional levels, deprecated functional levels, namespace, sites, replication, schema, Passport
- Understand group policy - Group policy processing, Group Policy Management Console, computer policies, user policies, local policies
- Identify storage technologies and their typical usage scenarios - Advantages and disadvantages of different storage topologies, local storage, network storage, Fibre Channel, iSCSI hardware
- Understand RAID redundancy - RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10 and combinations, hardware and software RAID
- Understand disk types - Solid State Drive (SSD) and Hard Disk Drive (HDD) types and comparisons, ATA basic disk, dynamic disk, mount points, file systems, mounting a virtual hard disk, distributed file systems
- Identify major server hardware components - Memory, disk, processor, network, 32-bit, and 64-bit architecture, removable drives, graphic cards, cooling, power usage, ports
- Understand performance monitoring - Methodology, procedures, the effect of network, CPU, memory, and disk, creating a baseline, Performance Monitor, Resource Monitor, Task Manager, performance counters, Data Collector Sets
- Understand logs and alerts, Event Viewer - Purpose of performance logs and alerts
- Identify steps in the startup process - BIOS, UEFI, TPM, boot sector, bootloader, MBR, boot.ini, POST, Safe Mode
- Understand business continuity - Backup and restore, disaster recovery planning, clustering, AD restore, folder redirection, data redundancy, uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Understand updates - Software, driver, operating systems, applications, Windows Update, Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)
- Understand troubleshooting methodology - Processes, procedures, best practices; systematic vs. specific approach, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, Resource Monitor, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, central logging, event filtering, default logs
There will be visible changes in your IT career after earning Microsoft certification. The job opportunity and the salary may vary according to the experience. However, it can be a wonderful opportunity to start your career.
You can choose from the following career after earning Microsoft certification.
Estimated salary per year
$62,793 / yr
Network Systems Administrator
$64,892 / yr
Technical Support Specialist
$51,839 / yr
Field Service Technician
$52,011 / yr
Server Support Specialist
$47,052 / yr
IT Support Server Administrator
$54,255 / yr
$35,199 / yr
$56,396 / yr
Exam Rescheduling and the Cancellation Policy
If you cancel or reschedule your exam appointment at least 6 business days before your appointment, a fee will not be charged. A fee will be charged if you decide to cancel or reschedule your exam within 5 business days of your registered exam time. If you do not come for your exam appointment or do not reschedule or cancel your appointment at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment, you will have to pay your entire exam fee. Business days are Monday to Friday. It does not include global holidays.If you want to reschedule or cancel your appointment, you can visit the Certification Dashboard.
- If you do not get a passing score on the exam the first time, you must wait 24 hours before retaking your exam.
- You will have to wait seven days before retaking your exam a third time if you do not get a passing score the second time.
- The waiting period of seven-day is imposed between each subsequent exam retake.
- You cannot take a given exam more than five times in 12 months. This 12-month period starts from the first attempt. You will be eligible to retake the exam after 12 months from the date of the first attempt.
When you are eligible to renew your Microsoft certification, you will get an email linked with your Microsoft Certification ID (MCID).
How can I Attend the Exam?If you are non-students interested in technology, you can schedule your exam through Pearson VUE. If you are a student or instructor, you can schedule your exam through Certiport. You may take the online exam or in person at the Test center. To take an exam from an online proctor, you need to follow the strict guidelines. You will also need the webcam mentioned by Microsoft on their website.
How to Prepare for the Certification Exam?
You can prepare for the Windows Server Administration Fundamentals exam by following one or all of the following preparation methods.
1. Instructor-led Courses
The instructor-led courses are done in the classroom. The instructor teaches the student in instructor-led courses. Instructors are qualified personnel. They know what kind of preparation is necessary for Microsoft exams. They will only give you the required knowledge. This will save a lot of time. Further, you can clear your confusion and have healthy discussions with your classmates. This will enhance your learning ability.
2. Microsoft Official Practice Tests
Practice tests are important to test your knowledge. When we practice for the exam, we understand it more. Practice is the best way for revision. You can practice through various websites online. You can also use Microsoft Official Practice Tests to practice and test your learning.
3. Free Online Training
There are plenty of people out there who are sharing their knowledge online. The best part is a lot of them are doing it for free. Free online videos and courses are the best way to learn for certification. You can choose your time and pace. You can learn from the teacher of your choice.
Microsoft has various books. You can explore the book you need for the certification. Learning from a book is the best way to learn. You can visit the website of Microsoft to access the books by Microsoft.
5. Microsoft Learning Platform
Microsoft has appreciable learning platforms. There are plenty of resources on the website of Microsoft. You can learn from Microsoft Learning platforms.
Windows Server Administration Fundamental (98-365) Exam is for candidates interested in Windows Server administration.
Passing the Windows Server administration exam will give you the MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification. This program can be an entry point to a career in technology. It increases your chance of getting better jobs. You need to have some hands-on experience with Windows-based networking, Account Management, Windows Server, Active Directory, and system recovery tools and concepts.
The exam will give you many benefits like certification, skills required for industry, a high salary, and much more. You can take the exam at the test center or through online testing.
We hope this complete study guide about Windows Server Administration Fundamental (98-365) was useful for you. ExamPirate also provides the complete guide of other certification exams. ExamPirate is a platform that provides you with the latest question and answer sets for the practice.So what are you waiting for? Get this certificate now and boost your career and increase your earning capacity. To clear the exam at one attempt, start practice questions of Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Certification.
Find the most popular exams here!