Project Management Professional
Pass Your Project management professional easily.
Project Management Professional
$405 (PMI Member) / $555 (Non-Member)
Number of questions
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
This is one of the globally famous certifications for the PMI institute's project management domain as its vendor. It is one of the most highly respected and popular project management certifications around the world. This certification provides the validity of your ability to perform a project manager’s role, such as leading and directing different projects and teams. It is recognized as the gold standard of project management and is desired by many project management professionals across the world as it gets you the chance to increase your recognition and salary. There are more than 740,000 PMP-certified professionals all over the globe. You can enhance your managerial skills with Project Management Certification.
The PMP Certification is based on the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge. The Body of Knowledge is a set of standard guidelines for the project management process. The body of knowledge has evolved and is presented as a guidebook. The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) guide is a document that provides the knowledge and practice guidelines applicable to most projects most of the time. It is a work overseen by the PMI Institute and developed by the chosen experts in project management from all over the world.
The recent addition of the PMBOK guide is a sixth edition guidebook released in September 2017 and consists of descriptions of the project management processes such as the critical path method, work breakdown structure, planning, organizing, executing, staffing, and controlling the operations of an organization, as well as some other processes like financial forecasting, management science, budgeting, and various other planning methods.
Project Management Professional Exam
Project Management Professional Exam is the certification exam you need to attend and pass to get the PMP certification.
The PMP V6 exam consists of 175 scored questions and 25 unscored questions with a maximum time of 240 minutes. The fee for the PMP certification exam is $405 for PMI members and $555 for non-PMI members.
The Examination Specification of the PMP exam consists of 5 performance domains, each with its weight.
- Initiating the project that carries (13%)
- Planning the project that carries (24%)
- Executing the project that carries (31%)
- Monitoring and controlling the project that carries (25%)
- Closing the project that carries (7%)
Additionally, 3 new performance domains are added to the PMP examination content outline effective from January 2021. They are added after a complete re-categorization of the PMP exam specifications as announced in June 2019. These three are:
- People covering (42%)
- Process covering (50%)
- Business Environment covering (8%)
You need to make sure to fulfill certain requirements before you attend the PMP exam. These requirements are discussed as follows:
- A four-year graduate degree
- 36 months of experience in leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education or training, or a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Certification
If you do not have these requirements, you can also qualify for the exam by fulfilling the following requirements.
- A high school diploma qualification or an associate’s degree (any global equivalent works too)
- 60 months of experience in leading various projects
- 35 hours of project management education or training, or a CAPM Certification.
According to the exam's official vendor, PMI, a PMP-certified professional earns 20% more than that of a non-certified professional. There is high growth in career opportunities for project managers in the coming years. After research, it has been found that 2.2 million new project-oriented jobs are needed each year through 2027. It means that skilled project managers will be in high demand across the world. In an increasingly competitive world, a PMI professional certification ensures that you are qualified to meet the growing demands of projects and employers.
As a PMP-certified professional, you can get a job and boost your career across a wide range of domains. Some of the jobs of certified PMP professionals with the expected salary per year are listed below:
Jobs with PMP Certificate
Salary ($) per year
Engineering project management professional
Aerospace project management professional
Pharmaceutical project management professional
Consulting project management professional
Resources project management professional
Is the PMP Exam Right for You?
The Project Management Professional is a challenging exam that covers a broad scope of project management. You need to prepare for this exam seriously and must not take this exam lightly. To be eligible for this exam, you need to have solid theoretical knowledge of different project management techniques.
Furthermore, project management is a serious profession that requires a deep level of communication with several stakeholders throughout any project. Therefore, project managers and aspiring candidates must have good knowledge and skills as well as experience. Thus the experience criteria are added to the list of requirements.If you do not have any ambitions towards advancing your career in project management, this exam is not for you, as only those with serious consideration of their future path in project management can attempt this exam.
Things You Should Know Before the PMP Certification Exam
Before attending the PMP credential exam, there are certain things that you must know. Here, we have provided you with the various things that you need to know before appearing for the exam in a listed manner.
- There is a new exam course from 2021 that you can get from this webpage.
- You can take the exam at in-person testing centers as well as online from the comfort of your home.
- If you are taking the exam online, you need to have
- A computer with a good webcam
- A reliable internet connection for the exam period
- A quiet space where you can spend a few uninterrupted hours giving the exam without any distractions.
PMP Certification Benefits
Although the exam is a challenging one, there are many benefits that you can acquire after successfully passing the PMP exam. Some of the benefits of having the PMP certifications are listed below:
1. An Attractive Resume
With a certification added to the document, you can boast an attractive resume after getting the PMP certifications. An attractive resume makes a striking impact on employers’ minds, as many of them are searching for qualified PMP professionals. With a good resume, you can easily change your jobs and be hired without too many employers’ questions.
2. The Validity of your Dedication
Any certification gives the validity of your dedication to your career path. With a PMP certification, you validate your dedication to being a good project manager. This will help increase the trust people have in you and also increase your credibility among your peers.
3. Improvement in Job Prospects and Salary
The PMP certification gives you an advantage over your peers and significantly increases your chances of getting promoted. You will also obtain an increase in your salary. A PMP certified professional's salary is around $108,000 compared to a non-certified project manager with $91,000.
4. Industry Recognition
A PMP credential ensures your recognition in the industry and pushes you on the same rank as the industry experts. You can join the community exclusively for certified professionals and increase your social communication and networking chance as you get acquainted with more and more qualified peers. As the PMP is a world-renowned certification, you also get recognized anywhere you go and are easily included in any experts' groups or consultations.
5. Increase in Knowledge and Skills
Another major benefit you get after passing the PMP V6 exam is increasing your knowledge and skills in the project management domains. This will make your work more effective, and you can provide solutions to different problems more easily, thereby increasing your productivity. The certification also gives you a chance to widen your horizons and aim for a better quality of knowledge and skills.
Also, check out Top 8 Reasons Why You Need a Project Management Certification.
How Will You Prepare For the PMI PMP Exam?
It would be best if you were well-prepared for the exam while attending the PMI center. There are some things that you have to know effectively for PMP exam prep:
- There are a lot of centers that are authorizing PMI certification worldwide. They also provide a high standard of both theoretical as well as practical knowledge. They also provide you with sample questions, along with their answers. By preparing for the PMP exam in an efficient manner, you can boost up your confidence level.
- You can check out the exam format, time limit, and the scoring system of the PMP exam. You can also give the PMP practice test, which is somehow the same as the PMP real exam. You have to practice as much as you can to crack this certification. The course centers also provide high-quality question banks prepared by professionals.
- After the successful completion of the course, you will now have theoretical and practical knowledge. Furthermore, you can enhance your skills in the working field.
- You can also visit the websites that provide information related to the PMP exam for PMP certification exam prep. The more information you gain, the more capable you will be to pass the Project Management Professional exam.
- You can do a lot of research for your examination. By doing so, you hence gain a lot of knowledge that can help you crack the exam efficiently. You can also get the syllabus online and follow it strictly.
- You can also check the updated information related to this certification. The information includes the time duration, number of questions, and so on. You can get a book that contains the proper format of the PMP exam. It costs around $30-$60.
- The books contain the latest sample questions and answers, which can help you with your PMP exam prep.
PMI certification is an essential certification for those who want to make their career in the IT industry as a professional project manager. You can use ExamPirate to help prepare for the PMP exam in a short time. We allow you to practice the questions and answers of IT certifications to get a feel for the real exam. We help build a strong foundation and gain knowledge of program management. Don't miss this golden chance to achieve your dream if you want to pass the PMP certification exam.The more you practice, the more you will gain confidence and feel at ease while experiencing the real exam. ExamPirate, a system that provides you with the best testing choice to boost your learning errors, also offers pdfs for solutions that help you prepare for the tests.